Thursday, November 6, 2008

In The Beginning...

...there were two lawyers. And those two lawyers talked a god awful amount. (though reading articles now, everyone says it was only an hour each).

In our instructions from the Judge we were told not to hold the opening statements too highly as we should just pay attention to the facts of the case, so why we had to sit through them is still a hotly contested arguement I have with the court system. For the actual facts of the case I will reference articles and actual evidence in this blog. But for the opening statements I'm going to be biased and emotional. Just to warn you.

The prosectution: I am Rosie and Salmmy is guilty of fraud! False Statements! Lying! Receiving Gifts! Furniture! Generator! Free Work done on his house! Statue! Puppy! Stained Glass Window! Mustang! - Wait?! Did she just say Mustang? What was that about a Mustang? Whose Mustang? Are you giving out Free Mustangs? Damn, now I really have to listen to find out more about that mustang! (yes, I love mustangs and am sure at one point I doodled 'Mustang of love' a dozen times in my notebook like a love sick teenager. I really hope they shredded those notebooks). Sadly, after the mustang bit my head was a little cloudy, but I think she said that they would prove their evidence in the next couple of weeks.

The defense: I am a whimisical old man! I don't like microphones or standing in one spot! (I swear his nickname was going to be Orville Redenbocker if he had continued in this vein. I wanted to give him a straw hat, bow tie and a red stripped vest). Luckily he got to the point: Salmmy is innocent! He is old and confused! He hardley even goes to Alaska! His wife handled all the bills! His bestest friend didn't tell him what was happening! Seriously? Oh, and Bill Allen is the Evil. He tricked Salmmy!

My thoughts after the opening statements were done: Please can we start with the facts and witnesses now? Tell me more about this mustang!

**the mustang evidence was thrown out in the end. It was a 64 1/2 Mustang. Seriously. I want that car!

2 comments:

AltonGamer said...

As you are probably aware, we have a pretty significant problem in DC keeping young males away from trouble and out of jail. This blog has provided me with inspiration.

Every high school student in the entire city should be forced to subscribe to Juror 11, read every post, and immediately afterwards write 100 times:

IF I GET IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW SOME DAY, AN IDIOT LIKE THIS IS GOING TO HOLD MY FATE AND LIFE IN HER HANDS. I BETTER START DOING MY HOMEWORK SO I CAN GET INTO COLLEGE.

cc: Michelle Rhee

Juror 11 said...

altongamer - I am glad to help keep people out of jail and from breaking the law - though I think it shouldn't stop at DC. I love you - Thanks!